baxi solo 2pf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me please i have a baxi solo 2 which is really playing up ive had a few parts replaced already which has easily cost me around 400 quid and its still playing up. When turning the boiler on i have to switch on hot water to fire the boiler up this makes the water heat up, but when turning on the central heating the radiators dont heat up . When turning the hot water off on over ride (leaving central heating switched on) the whole boiler switches off ! the hot water will not come on again until switch ing off the central heating and turning the hot water on which then fires up the boiler again ?????? Please help !!!!!!!!! some one has mentioned the pcbboard and the potentiometer and leads might need replacing ????

Sponsored Links
It's a shame that you spent all that money. Baxi would have done it for £280.

think we may need a little more info. what sort of system do you have ie.

in airing cupoard there will be a valve with a motor on and 3 pipes (y plan ) or 2 x valves with 2 pipes fixed to them (s plan)

type of programmer?

sounds like a system fault as boiler is firing for hot water, and system is not telling it to turn on for CH.

so, either divertor valve, room stat or programmer may be faulty...

hope this helps...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back