baxi solo 3 intermitent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi People

I have a problem with a Baxi solo 3 in that sometimes (getting more regular) it will not light. just the boiler on light is illuminated.
I have tried resetting boiler with the reset knob no luck. pump is running.
its the sequence which seems to be problem.
turn on only pump runs, no fan yet if I tap the aps with my finger the fan starts and it goes through the full sequence and lights/works perfectly.
has anybody had this problem? is it a sticky fan or could the aps be at fault
(stupid place to put aps at top of boiler as the sample tubes get heat affected over time)

thanks in anticipation
Bigun

Sponsored Links
That's a safety device, and as such requires proper attention. Get it done by a pro and have peace of mind that you haven't messed any thing up.

Thanks for the reply gasman
I fully agree with you about registration.
What I am after is have you ever heard of the aps sticking?
common sense tells me it is the fan but there is no squeals or unwanted noises emanating from it when it is running. I specifically tried to tap only the aps gently to confirm if that was what set it off,(it is) when I tap the fan nothing happens,all wires are tight on. This is why I am a bit puzzled ,,, the fan before the air switch is ok so why would the air switch hold the fan off?. Or is it just a coincidence and the fault isn't the aps.
I am gs registered but I just wanted to pick someone's brains before I have to strip it down
(Space is really tight and I am perfect weight for someone 12 ft tall)
Regards
Bigun

The electronics on your boiler do certain checks before the sequence starts, one of these is to check components for defect. If it detects a malfunction, then it will not allow the sequence to start. If you don't understand the operation of your boiler then don't attempt a diy repair, for your families safety.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info Pete, I understand what you mean and I will take it onboard.to be honest I didn't give baxi technology much credence as I think they are a bit you know, so I will not judge too harshly.
Now I will get in touch with baxi technical and do the tests req with a multimeter customer has finally agreed to have it serviced so I will check everything whilst I am at it.
Many thanks Pete your insight is much appreciated
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back