baxi solo 30 pfl cuts out after 10 mins then tries to ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi solo 3 pfl 30. it starts up ok from cold but after a short time and before the heating or water has reached an adequate temp, say 10 minutes, the flame goes out-the fan still runs, and it keeps clicking, trying to re-ignite.it does re-ignite after a while but again, only for a few minutes. i have just replaced the pressure valve but it's still the same. i have been told that if i leave it "clicking" it may burn my PCB out. any ideas what this could be or the part which is faulty? any help would be greatly appreciated before i call a engineer out.

Sponsored Links
I had exactly the same fault 6 years ago on my then 4 year old Solo 3. I'm not saying it's the same problem with yours, but it's an idea.

I called Baxi out and they changed, the PCB, the gas solenoid valve and the fan, to no avail. Then they changed the temperature sensor fitted on the flow pipe. Problem solved.

I was glad they replaced everything, because as it was a fixed price repair and I had new set of the main parts fitted, and I kept the old as spares.

I had exactly the same fault 6 years ago on my then 4 year old Solo 3. I'm not saying it's the same problem with yours, but it's an idea.

I called Baxi out and they changed, the PCB, the gas solenoid valve and the fan, to no avail. Then they changed the temperature sensor fitted on the flow pipe. Problem solved.

I was glad they replaced everything, because as it was a fixed price repair and I had new set of the main parts fitted, and I kept the old as spares.

sounds like a cheaper option than a gas valve and/or PCB... already forked out for a pressure valve and was starting to see a pattern forming where i end up with all new internal parts as when i have explained to some "experts" they always seem to state the most expensive parts first when its actually a smaller and cheaper part.. thanks again and will post back to let you know... this would be one in the eye for all those that miss the obvious.

It's like taking your car in for a misfire and being charged for a new ignition module instead of checking the spark plugs. Dunno how they get away with it - but they do.

Sponsored Links
I don't think that was the case with Baxi as they had agreed a fixed price repair and then replaced all of the expensive parts first. They would have made more money with only one visit to replace the sensor in the first place. Basically I think it's either poor or lazy fault finding. A Baxi solo aint a complicated machine.

just to let you know, i bypassed the thermostat and the overheat thermostat and it still tripped out so after a few further enquiries i took a risk and paid out for a new gas valve and hey presto...it's all running smoother than ever. hot times to be had now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back