baxi solo pfl50 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
baxi solo pfl 50. nothing happening at all when electricswitch turned on.occassionally it will light up and switch on then run for a short time .
then it cuts out and nothing again. ive tried turning the setting off for 10 seconds as directed but no joy again . other than changing pcb can anyone make any suggestions? :confused:

Sponsored Links
When calling for heat ( timer switch on ) do the pump run? Can you hear it running?

Is the overheat light on?

Dan

yes everything runs perfect when it does run but only for a short time then it cuts out then nothing

With all that info :D I can only guess at a possible APS problem

Sponsored Links
If i remember rightly this boiler has two metal tubes (going from fan to aps) where at the back of the boiler, these rot and cant be replaced. Parts defunct, hope im wrong mate and its not them tubes.

sorry guys its went back to nothing at all again no lights no noise nothing its like theres no power again .fuse is ok and cant find any noticible loose connections so now i cant even listen out for any symtoms :confused: do you maybe think its time for the proffessionals :cry: i hate being beat like this .by the way thanks for trying to help out all lf you who did

Ger.

I suspect it is an external control fault, eg the 3 port valve.

When there is a call for heat you need to check for 240VAC at the boiler terminals. If not there external controls to blame.

Which Solo 50PFL are we talking about, the Solo 3?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back