Baxi Solo 70/4 HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to look at this, I hope you can help. I have a Baxi Solo 70/4 and have just replaced the bearings in the fan, trouble is I can't remember which way round the motor outer section sould fit and this in tern will mean that the motor turns clockwise or anticlock wise depending which way round it goes, can anyone tell me which way the motor should turn when looking down on the outer casing from above. I have also noticed that when removing the rubber hoses from the pressure switch that there is virtually no pressure, certainly not enough to activate the switch which I can do by blowing down the tube which in turn ignites the boiler. The pipes are clear so what am I doing wrong. Thanks in anticipation of your answers, cheers, Sicobra :confused:

Sponsored Links
oh dear oh dear. are you corgi registered? fans and a.p.s' are safety critical and contained in the combustion chamber to which the unqualified should not touch! Call someone corgi registered. . . . .

Don't panic dangermouse, I did not disturb the fan chamber when replacing the bearings, just dismantled the motor from the top and replaced the bearings with out removing the whole lot, fiddly but possible, just wish I had made a note of which way it rotated, any idea? and why no pressure at the end of the rubber hoses? cheers, Sicobra

the pressure generated is typically 3mb (a normal human braeth can be 50mb) sound like you got the tubes or fan the wrong way round

Sponsored Links
thanks dangermouse but have you any idea which way the motor should rotate as I would imagine that it makes a difference to how the pressure is created, clockwise or anticlockwise looking down from above? cheers, Sicobra

with out undoing the three screws or two wing nuts I replaced the bearings, so please can you just confirm which direction the motor should turn, thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back