Baxi Solo Boiler Probs - NO HEAT OR HW PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, Just moved into a house approx 8 years old. It has a Baxi Solo (3?) boiler fitted and a Lifestyle LP241 Programmer. There is also a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard upstairs. The programmer is on and no matter what setting it is on the boiler is not firing up. The rads are cold (stats turned up) and wall stat for the hall rad is also turned up. No hot water coming through either? We have a gas supply coming through to the property as the gas hob is working fine. Not used C/H for a while so not sure if I'm missing something glaringly obvious here and dont want to call the landlord until I'm sure I've checked everything! 7 months pregnant and freezing here - hope someone can help!

Sponsored Links
Have you tried resetting the boiler ?
open the bottom front cover what neons are lit ?

From the User manual

1. Remove lower door panel as shown.
2. Turn the boiler thermostat knob to the '0' position fully anti-clockwise (Fig. 2).
3. Turn on the main gas and electricity supplies to the appliance.
4. Set the thermostat control knob to the required setting. (The optimum boiler setting depends upon type of system, external controls and your requirements. Your installer will be able to advise you on this matter.)
5. The fan will start to run and after a short period of time the ignition spark will commence. Sparking will continue until the pilot flame is established then stop automatically. The main gas will then come on and the burner will light from the pilot flame. Check that both the main burner and the pilot are alight by looking through the viewing window. The bottom four indicator lights should also be illuminated.

Please try this and let us know what if anything happens next.

DH

Sponsored Links
Darn, bl888ing SECO got there first. Again.

Still, that will be let me see now, £85 diagnosis fee. Plus VAT.

loveone thanks, No sugar.

DH

loveone thanks, No sugar.

DH

23_33_14.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back