Installing wireless room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have recently moved into a new house. I have a Baxi Solo 3 PF boiler with a Lifestyle LP241 programmer providing heat & hot water, but no room thermostat contolling the central heating. I want to install a wireless room thermostat, but looking at the installation instructions for the boiler, it does not state where the stat is wired to.

Can anybody help with this? Also any recommendations of which stat would be most suitable?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The stat should be connected to the programmer, not the boiler.

Take a look at the LP241 instructions and it should become clear.

Most wireless stats are actually programmers, they allow you to set times as well as temperatures. The wireless stat will replace the CH channel of your LP241.

Read Honeywell Application Guides Nos 109 or 110, depending on your system.

Most wireless stats are actually programmers, they allow you to set times as well as temperatures. The wireless stat will replace the CH channel of your LP241.
I don't why you persist in posting such b*llocks.

Your two statements are contradictory, and could easily mislead the uninitiated.

In heating system parlance, whilst a programmable thermostat is programmable, it most definitely is not a programmer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.

I have a Lifestyle wiring centre, which is in the airing cupboard, so it appears this may have connections for the room stat?

I may have to get a heating engineer out to do the work, but when they came to service the boiler they told my wife it was very easy to do and we should be able to do it ourselves!

You probably can, although you might think you can't. ;)

If you remove the cover from the wiring centre, preferably after turning off all power to the heating system, and take a picture of the insides, and post it here, then you'll get specific help.

The nub of the task is to intercept the connection between the "CH on" output from the programmer and the live supply to the boiler.

The steps are as follows:

1. Isolate wiring centre / programmer / boiler / pump from all power supplies.
2. Remove wiring centre cover and test for dead.
3. Identify programmer "CH on" output (call this A, for example).
4. Move this wire to an unused terminal block (call this B).
5. Connect one wire of the roomstat to B.
6. Connect the other roomstat wire to A.
7. Replace cover.
8. Power on and following thermostat commissioning instructions.

Thanks Softus

I will take a picture and post it, to be sure i get it right, but will not be able to do this until the weekend. [/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back