baxi solo indirect boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i'm experiancing some worring problems with my boiler. The first problem is when its trying to ignite the pilot light, instead of the whoosh and ignition as you would expect its seems to whoosh click,whoosh click, whoosh click and then start up after a minite or so (apologies for the description, cant think how else to describe it!). Then once ignited it will at fairly regular intervals start to re ignite the pilot light with the same whoosh click whoosh click( here i go again!) even though it was already alight! And it will constantly do this until the timer or myself turns it off. The other worry is the timer its self, often ill get up in the morning to find the heating still on yet the timer was set to stop it at 10:00pm, if i turn the timer around by twelve hours this seems to cure it for a week or so then it does it again, annoying and no doubt exspensive. And lastly the thermostat! quite often the boiler will shut off as if it has done a good job and reached the room temperature its been asked to by the theremostat yet quite clearly im freezing my bits off. So why does it think its done its job? Does this sound like a good service is required, its been about 2 yrs since the last one. Any advise would be much appreciated :(

Sponsored Links
Your whooosh click should be sorted out with a good service / clean, it sounds like it keeps losing the pilot then reigniting.
What sort of clock is it?
Check the thermostat by putting a thermometer next to it won't be exact, but should be fairly constant. Obviously the boiler will go off when it gets to a set temperature as your rads are heating up until the pump dissipates the heat to the rads and the boiler will then fire again.

Ill arrange for an engineer to service the boiler. British gas have quoted 76 pounds, sounds reasonable, what do you think. The clock is a Grasslin towerchron QM2. What i was trying to say about the thermostat was that the boiler must get a command to turn off as it thinks it has heated the room to the required temperature yet the thermostat light remains on as if still hasn't reached the required temperature, problems with the wiring perhaps? :confused:

Sponsored Links
When the guy turns up tell him about symptons so that he does a proper strip down service, as the pilot is slightly blocked very common on baxi solo`s. BG give there contract customers a safety inspection but on demand jobs like yours should be done the old fashioned way (actually cleanining it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back