Baxi 80e /105e Burner constanly firing then going out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I wondered if anyone could help with a problem I'm having with my boiler. Firstly I apologise for my lack of technical descriptions, as I am not a gas fitter / plumber :)

OK, I'm not sure if its an 80e or 105e boiler, there does not appear to be any visible model number on the unit itself, and th instruction manual quotes both of these model numbers.

My problem is intermittent failure of the boiler (resulting in red flame failure light error) when its being used for heating and hot water. this is normally fixed by a reset and will go several days, sometimes over a week between incidents.

The second part of the problem, is a recent occurence that has not happened before. Basically after resetting the boiler, the burner light comes on, I hear a 'click' and a 'whoosh' (presumably meaning the burner has ignited) and it stays on from anywhere between 5 and 15 seconds. It then goes off. After a few seconds it comes back on with a 'click' and 'whoosh'. It just keeps repeating this process indefinately. The HW and CH are both working, but I am concerned that this constant start up and shut down of the burner is not normal, and could be causing damage somewhere. Is it at all dangerous?

The boiler pressure is normal, and like I say the heating and HW are working ok too. I dont really know a lot about boilers, but it strikes me that something is wrong. Should I be too concerned?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
That sort of problem would require a person who is qualified and experienced to carry out work on your boiler that involves checking the gas supply,inlet pressure.working pressure.burner pressure and gas rating.
You might be better Googling "Gasman" and see if you can find such a person,I am sure you will there are quite a few around,you might even know one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back