Baxi Solo on/off on/off on/off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, Ive got a Baxi Solo 3 pf 60 and when i call for heat the boiler will fire up no problem, run for about 4 minutes, turn off and about 30 seconds later fire up again. It will do this over and over and over until cylinder or room stat are are satisfied.

Its recently had a new pcb so i know this isn't the problem. The pump runs fine and Ive recently cleaned the whole system.

It will be the same for when i call for either hot water or central heating, so Im guessing this rules out both the cylinder stat and the room stat.

Am worried this is causing damage to the boiler firing up so many times and also the cost of the boiler turning on over and over.

Just for info, its a Y plan open vented system.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

If the system is clean as you have said and the pump is running ok, i would be checking the burner pressures then checking thermistor readings, sounds as if its reaching temp too quickly by cycling on and off. If there is a bypas fitted, try opening it a bit at a time to see if it makes a difference (may have been adjusted when flush was done)

Hope this is of some help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back