BOILER PUMP over running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a BAXI solo boiler but now the pump over run does not turn off and keeps on running even with room stat and cylinder stat turned down and programmer removed, does anyone have any ideas on reasons and remedies. THANKS

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
Pump overrun stat jammed on?

chriss i think it might help the poster if you explained to him how to remedie the problem of the Pump overrun stat and how to unjam it

Sponsored Links
BOB.DOLE said:
chrishutt said:
Pump overrun stat jammed on?

chriss i think it might help the poster if you explained to him how to remedy the problem of the Pump overrun stat and how to unjam it

Identify the pump overrun thermostat, using manufacturers instructions, test it using the appropriate instrumentation.
If it is found to be defective source a replacement from a reputable boiler spares outlet.
Fit new part using the manufacturers instructions for guidance.
:cool:

Has it GOT an overrun stat? I know some Solo's don't, at least, and many use the same PCB.... 231711...
In which case it's likely to be contacts welded together on the fan relay on the pcb. New pcb required. Unless Fitz's hammer releases them...

THANKS to all who replied thought it might be the state just trying to make sure, and thanks to ChrisR PCB is 231711 will change it if not the stat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back