Baxi Solo wire issue - very odd problem....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we bought a house that had not been used for a couple of years, the boiler was not working, so we replaced a few parts on it and tried to get it working again. details are:

Baxi Solo powered flue
WM 50/4 PF
s/n 008953
GC 41-077-44
Cat 1N
Hot water tank in loft

Honeywell electronic timer (all 7 days the same, with 3 sliders, unsure of model)

Honeywell dial thermostat

Problem:

The heating works fine at the moment, I have it set to come on twice a day for an hour

The hot water is another story....if I turn the hot water on, it works and heats the tank, but after 30 minutes it starts to heat the radiators too, even with the heating turned off - surely this isnt normal?

Also, once the Honeywell unit is turned ON for the hot water, even when i turn it OFF again, the boiler wont turn off, it just keeps heating and heating, until I cut the main power to it and reset the Honeywell timer. The red light turns off on the timer unit, but the boiler keeps going - this shouldnt be normal?

It's had a new diverter valve in the loft anyway when we bought the house. I very much suspect its a wireing issue as it is a mess and a lot of guesswork looks to have gone on.

I have had a look over the wireing diagrams but have hit a brick wall. Unsure if a plumber or electrician would be the best person to fix it?

Any input would be recomeneded

thanks

Martyn

Sponsored Links
A heating engineer would be preferable to a plumber or electrcian.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back