Pump Overrun Won't Stop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a Baxi Solo 3 Boiler in Honeywell Y Plan configuration wired in with a Honeywell wire centre. All worked fine for two years but now, with no recent work, the pump rarely switches off after heating the water or house.

Timer comes on, water tank thermostat demands hot water, pump and boiler start, water heats (on timer for one hour) timer switches off, boiler goes off, but the pump remains running until I switch the bolier power off. This used to "reset" the fault but now as soon as power is applied pump starts again.

Seems like a pump overrun fault and I was intending to change the boiler PCB. Any suggestions before I try that?

Sponsored Links
assuming pump is wired into terminal on the pcb, this normally indicates a new pcb. Replaced two pcb's due this fault in 2 years & solved the problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back