Stanley boiler pump overrun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Stanley Brandon (twin burner) water circulating pump overruns by about three - four hours after the boiler is turned off. I assume that a limited overrun is normal to cool the boiler, but is four hours required or is there a timer or stat fault, and if so can it be adjusted back to a reasonable time? The pump only pumps to a thermal store and not around the radiators. I have the installation manual but can find no timer mentioned on the wiring diagram. Can any one advise me, please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks glasgowgas, incredibly quick reponse! but no pump overrun stat mentioned on the wiring diagram. Any ideas?

It is not something that many engineers will be familiar with.

You will probably need to find someone with the skills to look at how its wired and deduce how it operates and what the fault is. Thats easier said than done to find that kind of person.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Often these pump overrun stats are adjustable to a degree...at least the Rayburns ones are :evil:
Check out ABGO for a replacement, maybe?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back