Service/Repair manual, Stanley Brandon 80k oil fired cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can I get a Service and Repair Manual for a 1998 Stanley Brandon 80k Twin Series Cooker?

I have had to replace the central heating pump but now, while the oven burner will ignite, the boiler burner will not and the bottom left red switch at the base trips and lights up.

Living remotely it is not easy to get someone to fix things and I do most repairs myself.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You will be unlikely to get any joy from Waterford!! or AGA for that matter.
However the fact that you changed the Grundfos circulating pump has no bearing on your current problem - the boiler burner clearly has developed a fault you could do well by getting a manual for an Ecoflam Minor 1 burner, (although the burner on the Stanley is a Minor 1 "Hybrid" with a diffrent oil pump configuration, but an Ecoflam manual would be a good place to start, can you hear the burner fan run ? does the burner then ignite? you will be familiar with the noise it makes when it actually ignites?
;)

Hi,

I have a Stanley 100k twin burner. I am guessing we have similar burners. The last fault I had was a solenoid but this did allow the burner to run for 4 or 5 minutes. It was a post I found on here which sorted me out. (My engineer had already visited and not fixed it). I was able to get myself going by using the solenoid from the cooker burner until a new part arrived.
I have also had the plastic spindle connector snap. This part is used to connect the fan motor to the pump itself. When it shears there is no drive to the pump, so no oil.
The sequencer which gets the red light on it is the same for both of my burners so is another item which can be swapped from one to the other to prove a point.

For starters, I would investigate the shaft coupler mentioned above.
It looks like this on mine http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/Product.asp?Prd=260025
Don't remember which part of it broke, it was a long time ago, but I do remember it was Xmas !!

andytw

Hi, had similar problem a couple of years ago. Problem was that a piece of fire brick/insulation had broken off and was obstructing the jet. Found this out by taking off hot plate, I just removed offending item and hovered around jet. Been working fine since. Can't remember which reset switch had triggered. Hope this helps, always worth a try.

You will be unlikely to get any joy from Waterford!! or AGA for that matter.
However the fact that you changed the Grundfos circulating pump has no bearing on your current problem - the boiler burner clearly has developed a fault you could do well by getting a manual for an Ecoflam Minor 1 burner, (although the burner on the Stanley is a Minor 1 "Hybrid" with a diffrent oil pump configuration, but an Ecoflam manual would be a good place to start, can you hear the burner fan run ? does the burner then ignite? you will be familiar with the noise it makes when it actually ignites?
;)

Quite right about Waterford/Aga. I did get one call from a chap in Ireland about another problem earlier this year who was very helpful and said to call him if I ever needed help. The number he gave me was unobtainable and when I checked with Stanley /Aga they gave me the same number!

Your suggestion re contacting Ecoflam was the best yet!!!

David Owen (tech. advice) was very helpful and e-mailed the manuals for both boiler and cooker burners which have instructions, exploded diagrams and parts lists. What a pleasant change to get an immediate response from a knowledgeable person.

The next good news is that an electrician neighbour with a similar Stanley heard of my plight called and showed me how to remove the burner. He spotted signs of arcing and cracks in the transformer and the electrode holder. He tried to fix it with epoxy resin until I could get replacements and it worked for one day but then failed.

I am now looking for a source of spares on line - any suggestions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back