Stanley 80k Cooker problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stanley 80k Cooker/ Boiler, two burner set up. The cooker keeps heating up, getting to about 200 degrees and then locking out. The cooker then will not reset until stone cold. Many parts have been changed on the cooker burner, nearly everything ( Ecoflam Minor 1 ), to no avail .
Is this simply a cooker thermostat problem, or not?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I take it that heating burner runs ok?
Standard chimney flue?
Problem when cooker burner on its own or when both burners running together?
Dependent on model some use a dual control/overheat stat

I take it that heating burner runs ok?
Standard chimney flue?
Problem when cooker burner on its own or when both burners running together?
Dependent on model some use a dual control/overheat stat
Its a "balanced flue". That being an intake duct at foot level outside, exhaust above it. . The CH boiler works ok. Seems ok until about 200 where it locks out and will not auto reset or manual push.

Sponsored Links
you say this is balanced flue, but is it actually a fanned flue that has a pressure switch in the flue. This is wired into the control box and can cause the problem you have. If you consult the wiring diagram for your particular cooker you will be able to identify any overheat stat and check its operation.

you say this is balanced flue, but is it actually a fanned flue that has a pressure switch in the flue. This is wired into the control box and can cause the problem you have. If you consult the wiring diagram for your particular cooker you will be able to identify any overheat stat and check its operation.
Many thanks, you are a great man! I hope this thread is found by future engineers dealing with old Stanley cookers.

Attachments

• 20240321_124225.jpg
    20240321_124225.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240321_122024.jpg
    20240321_122024.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240321_122021.jpg
    20240321_122021.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 12

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back