BAXI WM 40/4 PF - Water in APS Nozzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I have a Baxi WM 40/4 PF boiler that has served me well for many years (I think it was installed in 1989)
Anyway, it has recently developed a fault where a small amount of water is collecting in one of the APS nozzles.

DSC_1537_circled.jpg

As highlighted in the attached image, it is the nozzle connected to the red tube.

I had an engineer out before Christmas and he identified the water in the nozzle, cleared it, trimmed down the tube (the end had become brittle)
re-attached it and the boiler fired up as normal. It worked for a few weeks but stopped the other day. The APS is accessible from the bottom of the boiler so I pulled the red tube off and found there was water in the nozzle again. I cleared it with a small cotton bud and re-attached the tube and the boiler is firing up as normal. There is obviously an underlying problem causing the water/condensation to build up though, does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like water is getting in. This is a safety critical part so forum rules prevent any advice other than to get an RGI in to diagnose. I'd be starting with an FGA check to see whether you're getting mixing of the incoming air and flue gases causing condensation

Nursing along a 30 year old boiler, yup sounds about right for a tightwad Aberdionian Loon.
They'll more heat going out the flue than into the house!! Time to replace it I'd say.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back