baxi wm 40/4 rs wont fire up problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Baxi Solo WM40/4 RS and the pilots lit but the thing wont fire up with the big wooosh just hear the water movements

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with it and how to tackle this problem I am getting a new boiler in the new year but for now I just want some heating

Cheers

Gaz

Sponsored Links
If you have not missed the obvious ie switch beside boiler accidentally turned off .
Then it is very likely the little black solenoid on the gas valve(where wire plugs in) . Held in place with 2 screws and just slides into position no need to touch gas or pressures in anyway costs about £40 and take 5 mins to fit

No all the switches are on and what not just wondering how to test if it is the solenoid and how to go about testing it , I have found one on 'fleabay' for like 20 quid delivered which is a bargain

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back