Baxi wm 51/3rs broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

Please help. At around 1 pm it was hammering down with rain and my elecricity tripped out and I had no idea why. There was a strange burning type smell in the air in my utility room but the missus was cooking bacon at the time so I thought nothing of it.

This evening missus went for a bath and no hot water. pilot light not on tried but to no avail to relight it.

the ignition sparks but I can't see or smell any gas

It's my belief that rain came in through the flu got on something electrical, hense the smell and electricity trip.

Am i up Sh*t creek.

Sponsored Links
Only electrics on these is boiler stat which is basically a switch and would dry out or the gas valve it may have damaged that but unlikely .

Sounds like pilot has got water in it so will need stripping and cleaning

Sponsored Links
I'm gonna have to put some sort of sheild over the flu to stop rain getting in, I noticed some water on the bottom of the boiler we estimate it's been there for about 25 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back