Baxi WM 51 3RS Hissing Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My boiler is making a strange hissing noise, it is rhythmical so makes a puff / hiss and then is normal before puffing again in 10 seconds or so.

I have a video which can be viewed here -

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
heat exchanger probably leaking and drip falling onto hot surface ie the burner

Sponsored Links
your call in this weather but the leak may have breached the integrity of combustion chamber so needs looking at asap

Reactions: DP
boiler although a cracking boiler is getting on they went out of production 1989 so its a fair age . If it is like it sounds the heat exchanger then these are 0ver 400 quid ( part number 226216) just to buy if you can find one depending on where the leak is and how bad the heat exchanger is then they can be re gasketed (part number 10229) which are only a couple of quid .

boiler although a cracking boiler is getting on they went out of production 1989 so its a fair age . If it is like it sounds the heat exchanger then these are 0ver 400 quid ( part number 226216) just to buy if you can find one depending on where the leak is and how bad the heat exchanger is then they can be re gasketed (part number 10229) which are only a couple of quid .

Any suggestions on a replacement boiler, I think this one is inefficient as I only have 5 rads and it can exceed £10 just for an evening

If it’s a gasket I’ll fix it but I don’t see the point in chucking £400 plus fitting on it.

Any suggestions on a replacement boiler, I think this one is inefficient as I only have 5 rads and it can exceed £10 just for an evening

If it’s a gasket I’ll fix it but I don’t see the point in chucking £400 plus fitting on it.
baxi 613 is a good little boiler very quiet 7 year warranty

I take it you know what is involved in replacing the Gasket Gas112 is talking about

How about glow worm / valiant - I can get a discount there, but would sooner pay more to get a better product if needs be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back