baxi wm 60/40 rs solo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler lights and runs then it cuts out.this happens every time i light it.it run for different periods of time but will cut out.it has been known to be okay for a day or two then the problem comes back.thermocouple has been replaced.very frustrating.can anyone help,before it gets ripped off the wall :

Sponsored Links
I seem to see two faults that crop up with Baxi Solos.

1)The pilot jet gets blocked or constricted, so the flame on the pilot is not big enough to keep the thermocouple hot. Remedy: clean out the pilot Jet

2)The overheat stats on them are very sensitive, possibly due to hot spots in the heat exchanger when the boilers are past their first flush of youth and beginning to get a bit sludged up Remedy...Not sure i have a 100% cure, but putting system cleanser in the system for a few days/ a week then flushing well will clean out a lot of the gunk,and improve circulation..check your pump is on correct speed & working. Just give the system a spring clean inside really.

I'd welcome any other opinions on 2) as I am not entirely sure about the overheat stats, but we do seem to have some success in curing this problem, though perhaps not 100% success.

Alfredo

i always change the overheat stat on these when i have had probs with pilot going out intermit seem to be a bit dodgy on these for the sake of a tenner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back