BAXI WM38 / 3RS boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have the above boiler in my property and the burner will not start
The pilot light is on
The green switch is not stuck
The front room thermostat does change something on the boiler (can hear noise difference!)
I have a 40 weeks pregnant due today partner and the above isn`t helping!

Could anybody please try to point me in the right direction!

Any help would be much appreciated and for info upon my investigation the thermocouple as it enters near to where the pilot light is seems to be slightly cracked at the entry point...

Excuse my ignorance or stupidity but could it be that at fault?!?! :)

Sponsored Links
sounds like gas valve may have failed.try pushing the green button in for 20 sec incase it hase jammed

With everthying "ON", try turning the boiler thermostat up and down. Do you hear a click?

Sponsored Links
[quote="nation73";p="1843596"]
With everthying "ON", try turning the boiler thermostat up and down. Do you hear a click?

Hi - there is a click which happens halfway between `off` and `1`[/quote]

Yea, unfortunately, it sounds like the gas valve. Make sure the green or grey button has fully popped out. Is it green or grey?

Hi - there is a click which happens halfway between `off` and `1`

Yea, unfortunately, it sounds like the gas valve. Make sure the green or grey button has fully popped out. Is it green or grey?[/quote]

It is a green switch, it seems to me as though it comes out fully but I can get hold if it and pull it towards me say with 3-4mm play on it, should it be solid at this point as in being pushed out?!

Hi - there is a click which happens halfway between `off` and `1`

Yea, unfortunately, it sounds like the gas valve. Make sure the green or grey button has fully popped out. Is it green or grey?

It is a green switch, it seems to me as though it comes out fully but I can get hold if it and pull it towards me say with 3-4mm play on it, should it be solid at this point as in being pushed out?![/quote]

Sounds like the valve IS sticking. Try pushing and pulling a few time, but when the green button sticks, it is normaly easily pulled forward.

I don't normally give gas advice, but this is your final shot, and a long one at that!. If you can lift the OUTER case off the boiler, turn'stat ON, and after it clicks, use a hammer to gently tap the underside (as you view it). You might get lucky, but even if you do, it is likely to be temporary.

Beyond that, I'm afraid, it is a case of finding an RGI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back