Baxi WM532RS Pilot light window gasket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help !
I am getting my kitchen re done and the fitter had trouble lighting the boiler pilot light after his gas work. He got it going eventually but had to remove the pilot light window and broke the gasket in the process. A small square grey plastic gasket. So now the window is back in and loose fitting.
Is this a problem to leave like this?, and if so where can I get a new gasket from?, or what alternative to seal should I use? ( The only site I could find was Australian for a kit at A$14.50 which is ridiculous)

Sponsored Links
note the boiler model and or gas council number and try pts plumbing supplies or plumb/ parts center but it may be obsolete.If its the heat resistant fibre material seal you can buy it in sheets and cut to shape , i last bought some from premiere heating in congleton cheshire .Was the guy gas safe registered ? because he didnt have to do that and shouldnt of left it like that

Your boiler is a danger to your health without this gasket in place and should not be used. The gasket is park of the sight glass kit, as far as I can tell it's not available as a separate item, and yes £15 is about the going rate.

Sponsored Links
muggles ive been advised to use the sheets of heat resistant glass fibre type material cut to size for replacement of obsolete sight glass seals , have you used/bought these

No Murf I've never used those, I'd be wary of them too unless they're marketed as being suitable for use as combustion chamber seals

Practically speaking the high temp silicone could probably be considered adequate to provide a safe seal.

But what concerns me more is that this fellow apparently left it so that it would not relight using the ignition button. If it goes out again I have this vision of the owner removing the glass again and using matches!

Not a very ideal situation!

fair enough muggles , but if the seal is the fragile type that falls to bits when you remove the sight glass then this is the same material as it . Ive used it for burner seals on fires & viewing windows on bf boilers but not positive fan flued , as agile said shouldnt of been left like that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back