Bay Window Insulation - board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stripped back our bay as we were redecorating and had wasps nest behind the bay. Just had the gutters fascias and soffits replaced so we are ready to reframe the bay, insulate and plasterboard. I am thinking section s of celetox or similar slotted in between the frame and the plasterboard on top.

Anyone got anypast experience or advice on this?

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about the bay roof or the bay studding?

What kind of cover or construction detail does the bay have, eg. tile hanging, brick. render?

I have attached an image below to show the area in question.

The new covering will run vertical down the front of the beam, then horizontal up to the window.

View media item 74305

Go for it but use foil backed plaster board or better still once you have filled in the stud work put a sheet of 25mm celotex over the stud work and screw the plaster board over that.

Sponsored Links
Yes the plan is to screw some cls timber to the current main structural beam.

But then should I fill the section between the stud work with celotex AND then put another layer of celotex over the stud work with the celotex slotted in.

Or should I just not fill it in and just screw 50mm celotex straight to the frame and then screw the plasterboard through the celeotex and into the frame?

The celotex I am buying today is foilbacked both sides so I was just going to get standard gypro 9.5mm plasterboard

I would fill between the studwork but if you are only going to use normal plaster board then tape all the joints with foil tape.

Im thinking that it might be better to just use a single piece of celetox to avoid any gaps in the insulation. And then I can use some cheaper jablite which I bought and sit that in between the stud work.

The my normal plasterboard will butt up to a single foiled backed insulation board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back