Bay Window Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just bought a 1930s house with bay windows and during the winter I have noticed condensation on the wall along with the window.

To stop the condensation I have resolved the bathroom extraction with a humidstat extractor, leaving the extraction on whilst cooking, drying clothes in conservatory etc etc.

However, the wall is still very cold, I am guessing this is due to the walls being 9inch brick whilst the bay window is 4inch.

I have searched on this forum and realised the correct fix for this is to take the plaster off, batten and insulate the wall and plasterboard.

However, I am planning to install a storage box custom made to fit the bay window. If I was to insulate the wall on top of the plaster and stick the insulation to the wall, then building the storage box on top of this, will this also resolve the problem?

Is there any worries of damp between the insulation and the wall? Or damp anywhere?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back