Bay Window Radiator (Shiv Radiators)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking into buying a curved radiator for my 1930,s house and was thinking of using Shiv Radiators. Has anyone out there used them and can tell me what they are like

Sponsored Links
Curved radiators are out of fashion apart from being out of range of most peoples expenditure.

With double glazed windows the need for rads to be under windows is less stringent.

Tony

Sponsored Links
nope, it was a guy my dad used to use. He's near retirement and just does it to keep himself busy. He's in southend, try a search, he has got an internet ad somewhere. Haven't got details to hand.

shiv radiators, are just engineers that will modify the clients radiator at a cost.

There's no reason they shouldn't do a good job, but you supply the template, and if it ain't right tough.

Hi Karl Burton

Did you use Shiv radiators? If not, what did you do?

thanks
kik

Hi,

I've used them twice and they re OK but not as customer freindly as they could be. They deliver with a single courier so someone needs to be present to help carry the rad - which isn't always convenient. You have to do your own template & on both occasions the rad has subsequently not fitted & had to be replaced -tho they are fair about charges for that. Next time I'll opt for moving to straight rad on a different wall.

hi incidently I have just used them adfter a lot of debate, I have put the radaitor under the bay and it does fit as I used a piece of old carpet for the template. I think most companies would have a disclaimer for incorrectly measured templates?. luckily for me the driver helped carry it in when it came but it got damaged at the back grille but you cannot see it when it is against the window but no discount or compensation just a "sorry about that" response. I have not tried it out yet will connect the pipes tomorrow so dont know it it will leak.

I am glad I have moved the radiator, it does look quite tidy under the window, frees up the space. the only down side is the fact it cost £420 for a single convector. i did not have much choice I have put french doors between the lounge/dinning room and didnt want a radiator bedind the sofa. If you could get away with a radiator elsewhere then I would do that but I like a lot of flexibilty with my furnature

Yes I have used them and visited their workshop. I opted to supply my own radiator which they curved for me. I did have to supply my own template. Only 1 person delivering so they require help unloading. Found them friendly and very reasonable. Would not hesitate to use them again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back