Bay window replacement

You would use acrow props to support the barrel maybe even 2 long ones to support the roof on the top bay.

Pvc windows would need to be fully reinforced with steel and the round baypoles would need to be jacked up to take the slack and weight, this is like a little gizmo thing shown here...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...SK0AWK24D4Ag&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=455

The baypole would need to be sunk through the pvc cill of the window so that it sits on the brickwork not a hollow pvc section cill, this applies to the top one also

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for info, i will look into it all. I do use acros to prop joists when i have taken down internal walls to replace with a steel so fairly competent with all that work. Prob look at getting someone to do it though.

As for renovation i will certainly be keeping all original features apart from the glass as it will be too expensive to incorporate this in a d/g set up.

Doors will stay and on both houses i have uncovered all original internal doors and staircase covered in chip board.

Maybe look into encapsulating just the small top sections with leads. I seemed to remember that it did not add a huge amount to the overall cost when I was looking to do it.

There are quite a few companies who do it now. Once based in manchester seem to have a good presence but I am sure there are a few around yorkshire too. If you search for local leaded light repairers, they will probably have further contacts.

I think it just retains a bit of window character. You may be suprised at how nice they will look once properly cleaned and in situ.

Sponsored Links
I dont know how much reusing the old glass in a new unit would cost but you could just get it replicated. I had some custom lead and color designs done to some units like that recently and it cost an extra £50 per unit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back