BB with no fire front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Once got called to a job where the tenant complained he couldn't get his back boiler lit. Duly checked i had necessary kit on the van went merrily off to service/repair a BB.
I knocked the door and was greeted a 20 something lad who was very happy to see me. I remember looking at hom and thinking something was odd but couldn't place it. Anyway he lead me into the living room. I couldn't see a fire anywhere and started to think I'd missheard on the phone. Where's the boiler i asked, to which he replied in here and swung to louvre doors open to reveal said BB with no fire front! I was kind of shocked and bemused all at once. I turned to him and asked (with tongue in cheek) what exactly had happened. He then knelt in front of the unit and motioned how he been trying to light it with a taper and it had exploded in his face, this was evidenced by the soot around the bottom of the unit and blackening on the carpet. Then it dawned on me what had been odd about him, he had one eyebrow completely singed!!

Discoed, capped and warning notice.

Oh, plus after i capped it and dropped the meter there was still a leak on the house side, this turned out to be a nail in the incoming 22mm gas feed to the property.

All in all a right royal f up. He was lucky to be alive.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Then it dawned on me what had been odd about him, he had one eyebrow completely singed!!

In my late teens I fell asleep in the company of my mates after a skinful. The next day, I couldn't work out why women kept smiling at me when I went to the supermarket. The smiles weren't lustful, they were more bemused. I then discovered that one of my mates had shaved half an eyebrow off.

Weird, but people would look at me, notice that something was odd about my appearance but not instantly notice that it was my eyebrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back