baxi bermuda 57/3 fire and front needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im sorry this is my first post but ive had my heating condemned

im looking for the above stated fire and fire front, i was let down this morning by a guy who claimed to have one for me???

The fire is for a back boiler fitted in an ex council house and I'm led to believe 90% of Fife council houses have the same appliance?

Can anyone help and would any baxi bb fire and front fit the 57/3

Cheers!

Callum.

Sponsored Links
when the house was bought and done up we took the fire and fire front out as it was nasty looking and we didnt need it need a fire in the living room as the radiator was more than enough.

We got our meter changed and the gas board needed in to make sure the pilot light was still in working order after the meter was changed over. I was then told in the 19yrs of gas fitting that my back boiler was in the top 10 of the dangerous things he'd come across.

It was removed by a gas fitter and it never caused me one bit of problem and it was on 24/7 for the whole time the front had been removed.

I had built a vented fire place to hide the bb but i've been informed now that it has to be a complete unit bb,fire and front to be up to british standards.

when the house was bought and done up we took the fire and fire front out as it was nasty looking and we didnt need it need a fire in the living room as the radiator was more than enough.

We got our meter changed and the gas board needed in to make sure the pilot light was still in working order after the meter was changed over. I was then told in the 19yrs of gas fitting that my back boiler was in the top 10 of the dangerous things he'd come across.

It was removed by a gas fitter and it never caused me one bit of problem and it was on 24/7 for the whole time the front had been removed.

I had built a vented fire place to hide the bb but i've been informed now that it has to be a complete unit bb,fire and front to be up to british standards.

An RGI removed the Gas Fire which is part of the BBU?

:eek:

Sponsored Links
Yip! the even more worrying thing is he is a copper now, obviously found that gas fitting wasnt his forte!

Here:
http://www.directfirestore.co.uk/baxi-heating-c5w-renewal-fire-front-for-back-boiler-oak-scma13.html

38d3dad52e9a2219416a0a97b1d61ece.jpg

Compatable with the 57/3 but not cheap :cry:

(And they look shiiite)

Yip! the even more worrying thing is he is a copper now, obviously found that gas fitting wasnt his forte!

You did well, until you posted that. It's a blatant wind up now - shame, you could have kept it going for a bit longer if you'd remained sobre.

Hello jobyjo84 ask the same yesterday really get a life this is on page two of the forum.

I am looking into getting my old ugly gas fire and surround removed and using the extra wall and floor space for another sofa. however it has a back boiler which would need to be blocked in to allow this.

I know I would have to leave an access point for maintenance etc but would i also need to ensure a vent is put in to allow air flow? or is this just for gas fires themselves?

is it even possible safety wise for the back boiler to be blocked in at all?

Gen up mate!

I asked him to take my fire off and he came round the next day, took it off and i skipped it. I at the time I didnt know nothing about legislation or gas central heating in that respect, but over the last couple of weeks I have learnt an absolute **** load! as ive prob heard off of every engineer ive spoke to in regards to this!

My main concern is now to get a fire and front and some pointers on what options i have regarding the choices of fires and different models will fit the 57/3 and if anyone has or knows of one that is being ripped out etc etc!

I know its hard to believe my situ but its all true and its turning into a nightmare for me!

So please if anyone can help i'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

You did well, until you posted that. It's a blatant wind up now - shame, you could have kept it going for a bit longer if you'd remained sobre.

Honestly mate i will take a picture of my fire place and take it off to show you the boiler!

The pic of the fire above is the same as the one i skipped!!!

:(

Not a joke, not one bit i **** you not!

Look it up Joe.

Report your fake RGI too.

Still peeved you can't see us in the CC? :rolleyes:

Listen i dont know who jo is and this isnt a wind up. ive just joined 3 different forums since monday looking for help as im up **** creek!

If anyone can get me a fire and fire front for a baxi 57/3 and in scotland preferably.

pm me or just leave a msg.

trust me i could think of 100 things better to do than spam a forum about heating, and im not being rude when i say this please stop spamming me topic as im needing help not folk telling me this is a wind up.

Regards

Callum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back