"BBC" Value or Rubbish...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With the licence fee gone up again to over £131 quid..do you think it's good value...Do other countries pay for this tax,or are we the only one...and to listen to lord grade with is smug attitude,overpaid layabout.no decent programmes to watch,who wants to keep seeing "cash in the attic" "car boot sale" "open all hours" and so on...i think the bbc as gone right down the nick...and to think you'll get prosecuted if you don't pay to watch all this rubbish..
anyway that's my little rant for the day..

Sponsored Links
I think the licence fee is a blardy disgrace. Wouldn't be so bad if we actually had decent reception where we live (yes we've got a decent aerial :LOL: ) but we watch everything through the Sky box or it's not in the slightest bit viewable. We've even had to get a Sky mini box so that we can watch tv upstairs. Kids (15 & 19) have got tv's in their rooms but can only use them for video's and PS2's. Anything they want to watch with their mates they either have to go into our room or come downstairs and we go into our room to watch tv :rolleyes:

Really annoys me that we have to pay 2 subscriptions to Sky as well as the fee to the useless BBC!

Most commercial tv is unadulterated shiite, the BBC are far from perfect but most of the time I would rather watch them than anything else. I can't imagine how bad it would get if the BBC didn't get paid for somehow.

The think that's best about it is that there is no advertising. Does anyone really want to watch yet another channel with endless crap car ads and the like, not me, i'd move to the USA if I did

Worth ever penny

There will always be a licence fee, that is what we are about .. revenues !
The BBC is a great service .. £11 per month Radio and TV !!
Where is there better for that price in the world?

Just imagine life without .... 10 min of prog 10 min of ads. Imagine the price without the Beeb anchoring the values !

Service .V. Profiteering
;)

Sponsored Links
Compared to TV in some other countries I have visited and lived in, the BBC is head and shoulders above the rest. As for commercial TV, if you believe you are not paying for it thats fine.

For your licence fee you receive, TV, radio and online services, I find commercial radio to be drivel in most cases (include Radio 1 in that too).

Value for money, you get what you pay for

£131 is def good value. have 5 tv's in this house ( remarried -extended family! ) all with freeview boxes and probably a different channel on each if they were all on - so no arguments

£26/year for each tv is ok by me

I'll be watching 'The Open' on TV this year ( Golf for those who don't know) If I went to watch all 4 rounds it would cost £50/day entrance = £200

I'll see more on BBC for pennies

Back