BBU removed, can fire still be used?

Good advice. Can you post a photo showing the fire and one underneath?

Will do - I'll be there tonight, so I should get a chance this evening.

Decommisioned properly the controls will have been removed and the 3 way valve capped to them .
when you look under fire you will probably find its still sitting on a metal box(boiler casing) as this is what supports the fire as well as a wall bracket.
If the box is still there then the fire should be simple job .

Might be a really stupid question but have you actually tried the fire to se if it works

Ahh, now that make a lot of sense. Yes - the fire still works. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing :oops: Thanks again for all the helpful comments.

Sponsored Links
First attempt at posting piccies so here goes...

This is the view under the fire (all boiler controls no longer there):

View media item 53167
And this is the lovely :)!:) looking fire from the front.

View media item 53168
Any thoughts - should the olds be using the fire or is it a definite no-no?

Thanks,

Nick

I would, with the normal caveats, say yes. As Ben pointed out, the burner tray should, and has been, be removed and capped. It is actually quite unusual to see it done properly!

But, PLEASE, buy the old fella alarm, site it properly, and explain to him what to do if it alarms.

I would, with the normal caveats, say yes. As Ben pointed out, the burner tray should, and has been, be removed and capped. It is actually quite unusual to see it done properly!

But, PLEASE, buy the old fella alarm, site it properly, and explain to him what to do if it alarms.

Sponsored Links
The flue part of your Back boiler is still intact so your fire can still be used, your installer has done absolutely everything correct which is quite unusual in these circumstances

Thank you very much gents for all the comments along the way. Pleasing to see it's been done right. The alarm's on order already.

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back