Beam and block floor makeup/construction - DPM placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I have drawn the attached image. Im not quite sure where my DPC should be going. There needs to be one under the beams that rest on the internal wall. If I did my external one at the same height then the outside floor height would sit very low so presumably I can put the external one at the same level as my door sill...or could it go heigher? This would presumably mean that I would need a third one to go higher on the internal wall which would follow on from the dpm used under the insulation?

I hope somone can point me in the right direction...look at pic for more clarification.. the red line is where I expect the DPM to go with the third DPC to go in the same place. This floor will then butt up to an existing floor and presumably I would bring this DPM up through the floor and cut off at the top...?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have a look at this. This is what I used for mine.

Scaff

Attachments

• TG4_DWG.jpg
    TG4_DWG.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 478
Have a look at this. This is what I used for mine.

Scaff
Yes but in that the dpm is lower than finished floor height... I guess I would just move it up? Does the dpm go all the way through wall of just tuck in above/below the dpc?
Also, the dpm on a beam and block floor doesn't go down until you screed so what do you to to get in wall..?

Thanks for help

Sponsored Links
Sorry, bit confusing that's because it shows timber frame as the inside wall not block or brick.

Let me have a look

Scaff

This image any clearer

Do you have plans done

I'm not screeding mine so that could be the difference.

Attachments

• poster-34-insulating-suspen.jpg
    poster-34-insulating-suspen.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 5,172

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back