Beaumont Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, I'm new to this site, so I hope someone can help me....I have Beaumont taps both basin and bath..recently my cold water in my bath was dripping so my dear husband thought he would have a go at fix'g it :idea: unfortunately he made it worse & now the tap just swings round & round & the water trickles all the time. To make it worse the hot water tap in the basin was only coming out very little, so again hubby decided to hv a go & managed to fix it....BUT a couple of days later the tap is swing'g round like the bath and now dripping....they are both mixer taps....Can someone please tell me what to do as I really don't want to call a plumber out...I was told by my gas man that I needed to replace the bath rod that goes in the tap...Not sure.....Any help would be appreciated....thank you....

Sponsored Links
The original fault probably needed a new washer or cartridge.

if it is a single-hole mixer, and swinging round, then probably the nut under the deck needs tightening. They are often plastic. It can be very awkward to get at them and tighten them. If it is loose then water may also be leaking down round the taphole.

You can get a special basin spanner but it can still be very difficult.

From your description it sounds like the tap might previously have been stuck in with silicone sealant or something, and tinkering with it has broken the seal.

I don't know what you mean by a bath rod.

You might like to ask friends and neighbours if they can recommend a reliable local plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back