Bed Side Table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all!

About to build a bed side table ,dont have much space so am hoping to make one that will fit over the edge of the bed rail and hang over the edge about 300 mm problem i have is am looking to basicaly build it so a can take if off and on as i please , for easy storage am going to be fiting a piano hindge on it for it to fold out now without any legs all i have to keep it folded out would be 200-300 door stays will these be good enough if not or if u dnt understand this msg back pls

thanks

Sponsored Links
How about a design like the shelf on the left hand side of this product (I was trying to find a picture of this type of design and this is the best I could come up with in the time.) Basically, the shelf would lift up and the the support hinges out beneath it.

P35286B.jpg

Thanks for such a fast reply appreciate it

Thats a cracking suggestion just need to work out how to mkae it now so that the hidge will let the flap collapse ,its hard to describe but basicaly i have a 300-18 mm runner and a wanna hook over it as i dnt wanna screw to the bed,so a have to make a u shape kind of idea with a table top on it a think that idea u showed should work but and will make it pretty studry as well thanks!

Sponsored Links
Maybe something along these lines, if I read your description correctly. The bit on the left hooks over the bedrail. The bit on the right is the table-top which hinges and the lighter-coloured bit in the middle is the hinged support (this really should be up against, and hinged to, the longer support.) You could make it from MDF or solid timber. I would suggest a thickness of 20-25mm for durability.

Hey thats exactly what a had planned to do but a cut the top piece to small so when it folded dwn it wld have stopped at the upport so i used a cabinet stay either side and changed it a lil so that when its up it clicks into a hole i drilled under side the top wrs great!

Thanks for the advice !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back