Making a folding wall table with a rail system

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello everyone,

First of all, I apologize for my English. It may sound a bit Frenchy.
I'm new here, so I hope I'm on the right topic.

I want to make a folding wall table about 150cm long and 85cm wide.

I'm looking for a sturdy sliding rail system to support the table without legs, with "struts" (I think that's what it's called) strong enough to ensure stability. I'm adding a few photos to illustrate my project with two examples because it's pretty hard to visualize it .

Do you know what this rail system is called?
Also, for the "struts" what would you advise me to use? Do I need to add legs to the table because of its length?

I welcome any advice you may have, so please feel free

Thank you in advance for your help, and have a nice day!

Eva

Table murale pliante 1.png
Table murale pliante 2.png
Table murale pliante 3.png
Table murale pliante 4.png
Table murale pliante 5.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wall mounted folding table turns up some similar results on google

Hi thomp1983!

Thanks for your reply!

I have already explored the results of this search, and they are not suitable for what I am looking for :
- either it's a table with a flap, and in that case, I can't have a 150 cm long table
- or it has legs, in which case I'd have to fix the table at 70/80 cm high for the space under it

Where did you get the pictures from? Whatever site you got the pictures from is surely the best place to start.

Do I need to add legs to the table because of its length?
The examples you've given don't appear to have legs, so presumably it isn't necessary? Whatever that type of hinge/mount is is specifically designed for this purpose, I reckon.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back