Bedding A142 mesh in 100mm slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

My BCO has asked me to include some A142 mesh in my slab. At the time he mentioned that I should try to get the mesh to sit in the top half of the slab so about 25mm from the top... Any tips on how I'm meant to do this - sit it on 65mm thick half bricks?

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
A142 fabric in a 100mm slab should go centre of slab.. Buy couple of 50mm thick path edgings or 50mm grano slab. Cut up into 75x75 squares and use these blocks at 900mm centres. Work of the top of couple spot boards or scaffold board when laying con. If you have 150mm deep slab, use a brick batt.
Regards, oldun.

If the BCO has asked for that then sit it on some engineering bricks to give you that height

Thanks guys. By chance rather than judgement the size of the extension is exactly two sheets of mesh side by side. How much should I overlap them? 100mm? Should I overlap them so that the bars are wired together next to each other?

Sponsored Links
142 fabric is 4.8x2.4 x 200x200mm square spacing with 6mm wire.
Laps should be min 350mm overlap wired together.
If slab is not sitting on inner wall, then lay mesh 50 to 75mm away from inner wall.
If still a bit short on mesh overlap, wire a 10mm mild steel rod in over lap 900mm long and at 400mm centres.
Regards oldun

By the sound of it, your slab does not need any mesh so you can throw it in any way you like

And it's no doing much 25mm down from the surface, so I'm not sure what your BCO was thinking about

Thanks chaps - Slab laid today, mesh all stayed put okay- I'm not going loose too much sleep over it all!

Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back