Bedroom extension over garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am thinking of having an extra bedroom/en suite built above our integral garage/utility room. Our house is a four years old 3 bedroom semi kit house (in Fife, Scotland) so with extending so early I think it should be easy to match the roughcasting/windows etc. The garage/utility and first floor of the house are finished in roughcasting with a hipped roof to the three sides, and the floor size is 2.9m by 7m and the new bedroom could be easily accessed from the top landing. I am told that the foundations are strong enough to take the weight of the first floor and we should be able to re use the roof tiles for the extended first floor.
With this in mind could someone give a ballpark figure as to what this might cost as we would not have to supply roof tiles and have to dig foundations. I am an electrician so would not mind having the shell built by a builder and completing the bulk of the internal works between myself and friends if it saved money.

Any advice would be appreciated as I am only thinking about this at the moment.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back