Rough cost for extension

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some guidance - we're planning to extend our house by taking down the blockwork garage to the side elevation (which I will do myself) and then have a two storey extension built in its place which will have a garage at ground floor and a bedroom (no en-suite) at first floor level, access through the existing house.

The new extension will require new foundations and be built of rendered blockwork, apart from the front which needs to be natural sandstone to match the house (but not an awful lot as most of it will be taken up by the garage door) with the first floor having a commbed ceiling with dormer window and slate roof.

About 15 sq m per floor level.

Also planning to extend the kitchen to the rear by a single storey flat roof extension - about 15 sq m

This is a bit beyond my DIY abilities so will get the professionals in to do the majority of the work (may do some of the internal work myself) but what should I be expecting to pay on a per sq m (sq ft) cost basis?

I will be going out for 3/4 quotes but would like an idea first.

Cheers for any help/advice

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back