Bedroom Fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to the forum. I have started to open up the old fireplace of my boring terraced house, in the bedroom. I am hoping to have a stove in there, but the fireplace is very small, only 18'' wide. I have seen the STOVAX STOCKTON 3, which according to the blurb can and is designed to fit into as little as 16'' wide. Is this true? I have phoned STOVAX today to not much avail, as they would not give a deffinate answer and seemed less than happy at the thought of it been fitted into something so small, despite what THEIR catalogue says. Any ideas? And last of all, how can or should I go about tiling this fireplace out? The brickwork is quite dirty (soot, mortar) so how should I prepare it first? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the fire side of things but to prep for the tiling I would knock off as much mortar as possible, brush away as much soot as possible then use a stabilising solution

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back