Being Eaten

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We all know that in Nature most creatures are eaten by others and a lot of times they are swallowed whole and still alive :eek: . It got me wondering that would the live creature that has just been swallowed die immediately by the stomach acid of the diner or would it be suffocated etc.

Apologies for being a bit gruesome at tea time but does anyone know what actually happens.

Sponsored Links
I think all things are dead before they hit the gut,via constriction etc you don't want something alive and kicking with teeth in your stomache.
It's mostly insects that lay their eggs inside their host and when they hatch they eat their way out.

I feel sure there was a report I read once about a shark being cut open, only to reveal a small, but complete, filipino fisherman !

Sponsored Links
Well I`ve never seen a BIG fillipino :rolleyes: . seen a few whale- like fillipinas on a special website :p :cool:

If I recall snakes suffocate their prey. Watch the Discovery Channel, National Geographic, etc.

snakes grab rodents and down them in one... but have they poisened them already?

crocs will swallow wilderbeest with nothing more than a few puncture wounds from their teeth... suffocation first, surely?

and then there's things caught by a pack... imagine a male lion with his jaws clamped on your face while a dozen other quite big lions bite chunks out of your loins (no, not lions misspelt !!! - think groin lol) !!!!

death is not a nice concept.. yet we're all guaranteed it once !!

I feel sure there was a report I read once about a shark being cut open, only to reveal a small, but complete, filipino fisherman !
How was his occupation determined?
:confused: :confused:

He had his rods with him?

There's pictures on the net of the earlier-mentioned instance of the croc clawing its way out of the snake.

What about worms? Certain worms live in your digestive system, but they don't have sensitive structures like eyes.

I'd imagine that if eaten and chewed up by something rippy and teary liken a lion, the trauma and blood loss would kill you first. But, if swallowed alive by something big and swallowy like a snake, asphyxiation would get you.

The great oracle, Stephen Fry, assured viewers of QI that a whale cannot swallow anything larger than a grapefruit. So Jonah must have been very skinny.

Sponsored Links
Back