Being ripped off

Face it, you got caught! you said if you cant get it working you'll call in a RGI.

So you having been playing around with it naughty boy!

Sponsored Links
Owzat!!! you messed around, they caught you out, Owzat. I feel a song coming on... :D

The English language is a wonderful thing, it is so descriptive and accurate if you would care to use it properly..... And there would be no misunderstandings..... Back to school dear boy.

After all the abuse you have meted out re our industry I suspect that you have a snowball's chance in hell that any RGI on here would be willing to help. I wonder which industry you work in.....?

Sponsored Links
Guys let there be a little restraint. If the OP has messed about with his appliance, he can do what he wants to his gas appliance. There is nothing in the gas regs that says he cannot.

If any one of you feel very strongly against giving advise, then there is no need to respond. Do remember, this is a DIY forum, therefore diyers will post. It is up to you as a registered person to respond or refuse to rise to the bait.

Only today I was listening to Radio 5 interview with the captain of the plane that landed short at Heathrow. While the man was highly commended, office tittle tattle branded him weak and lacking timely action was nothing but lies. People posting their assumptions on forums gave the family a hard time.

I don't agree with you DP. Just because the law says he can tinker with his gas appliances does that make it right? Guys like this kill or seriously maim people. How do you know he hasn't just sold his house and is moving out tomorrow?

Or a Landlord who doesn't want to pay for an RGI? We know these people exist, and im not claiming the OP is one of them, but any form of DIY gas should be strongly discouraged by those who know better

Thats us!

Tony, are you quite sure we should not name you the 'Milky Bar Kid'?

Isn't one of your mansions in Coventry Tony?

:evil: ;)

Yes, Ray I do have a connection there and have two gas Safety certs to do there within the next week!

I think I must be out of touch with the world as neither I nor the 16 y.o. know much about the Milky Bar Kid!

I thought that according to the law someone could ONLY work on their own gas appliance IF they were competent?

Tony

I think I must be out of touch with the world as neither I nor the 16 y.o. know much about the Milky Bar Kid!

"the milky bar kid" used to be my nickname at primary school
(well me and every other blond haired kid with nashy health specs in the country at the time probs :D )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back