Being sad.

What`s with the bald well digger :?:

Not wanting to ressurect the thread from half way down the page but this poor chap was obviously feeling down so Mr balding bored single man 55'ish year old Daily Mail subscriber goes off on one saying "get over it".

After being flamed at instantly he then jumps to his defence saying, he too had a close mate die, (obviously trying to get out of his hole he just dug), hence the picture. A bit childish really, but then so is Joe :LOL:

I actually Googled "Bald 50 year old digging hole", LOL. Google is brilliant :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Grief is a process. You should know that. Grief that isn't moving is a mental health problem requiring counselling. Time to talk to his GP instead of getting moribund and violent. What it's got to do with you I have no idea.

where did you get your guide to dealing with bereavement joe it would seem to be worthless.

I have not seen anywhere in this thread anything that would enable you guess at Ed's relationship with his friend or his sense of loss. You have sought to justify your earlier disgraceful remarks by claiming your loss was more significant than Ed's and that you have been able to deal with it and move on. Well good for you. but at the risk of pointing out the obvious, your loss is not Ed's and his is not yours.

We all have to deal with the death of our friends and loved ones at some point in our lives, some will inevitably scar us more than others.
Dealing with death can make strong men weak and weak men strong, it can bring friends and families together or drive them apart.

Death does not effect us all in the same way some appear to be able to shrug it off and move on others, will never come to terms with their loss. Thankfully for the most of us, it is a matter of time. Flippant as it sounds, time is the greatest healer.

The fact that we have suffered the loss of friends and loved ones does not give us the right to assume we know how others will be effected or for how long.

Ed, it will get easier to deal with in time.

Ed, it will get easier to deal with in time.

If you let it it will. If you hang on to the past then it won't. You have to deal with it and accept it. We are all on the same conveyor - so get on with it, don't tarry with yesterday.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back