Being self employed n trying not to give generously to the taxman

Sponsored Links
bear in mind that this is not worthwhile if accountants fees are greater than the tax reclaim.

Make an estimate yourself first.

Sometimes it is more worthwhile spending on equipment in a year when revenue has been good, especially if you move into a higher tax bracket.

That doesn't make him an employee. I worked under my old man for 8 years as self employed and still work aside him now, we've both been checked by the HMRC and there's not an issue.

Again, this is purely out of interest but how did they come to this result? And how does.it compare to the original posters position?

Did you have other clients?

Only asking because I am sure it will affect my industry soonish, and it would be interesting to know what they were looking for as that list certainly implies that you cannot be considered self employed in those circumstances.

Sponsored Links
Again, this is purely out of interest but how did they come to this result? And how does.it compare to the original posters position?

Did you have other clients?

Only asking because I am sure it will affect my industry soonish, and it would be interesting to know what they were looking for as that list certainly implies that you cannot be considered self employed in those circumstances.

We had no contractual obligation to each other. The reason I subbed to him was because it was easier when invoicing others we had worked for without the headache of being limited. Being limited was of no benefit to us. There were a couple of times the HMRC said it might be time purely based on turnover but otherwise no issue.

Back