BEKO CDA565FW freezer/fridge cool but not freezing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came back from holiday and noticed the freezer part is cool but the food is not frozen. The fridge part does not seem cold at all. The seals round both doors are ok. When I turn the thermostat dial it does NOT click but I don't know if modern ones do click any more or if they have been replaces with a variable device or not. I switched it off for 2 hours as the compressor seemed hot, to let it cool down. After being on overnight the freezer is cool and the fan in the freezer compartment is working and the air is cool but the food still not frozen.
Any advice before I try buying a new thermostat and trial and error replacement parts?

Sponsored Links
If the compressor is red hot then it's not the thermostat it's more likely to be a system failure (compressor weak or pipework in restriction) either way it wouldn't be worth repairing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back