BEKO DCX71100W Tumble Dryer Encoder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter inherited the above TD when she moved house. She's only just mentioned that the Control Know doesn't work, and on doing a bit of disassemby, I can see that the Encoder Control Knob shaft has broken off. Does anyone know if it's possible to just buy the encoder PCB rather than the whole PCB assembly (see attached picture). Spending over £60 on a complete PCB assembly doesn't seem good value to me.
The actual encoder has ALPS written on it. Can anyone suggest a replacement? I'll happily unsolder it and solder in a new one if I can get one.
Any help much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20200614_145055[1].jpg
    IMG_20200614_145055[1].jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 248
Sponsored Links
Hi keen2learn,
Yeah, I saw this when I was searching earlier. Unfortunately, not only is the PCB the wrong shape, but the actual encoder also appears to be different and dots in each corner (fixing holes maybe) whereas the one for the DXC71100W does not. I may well have to take the TD apart again next weekend and see if I can get more detailed info off the PCB/Encoder

The encoder is a standard common part, which I have seen in lots of appliances, there is one just like it in my microwave.

Some companies strip washers and driers just for parts, which they use for repairs and sell. Maybe see if there is one near you.

Sponsored Links
Thought I'd just close the loop on this one. I tracked the encoder down to be an ALPS Alpine EC18AGB20401 which I ordered 2 of for £3.56 each plus £12.00 postage plus VAT (Total £22.94) from Mouser Electronics. I had to shorten the shaft to fit with a hacksaw, but with a bit of disassembly, soldering and reassembly, the whole job took less than an hour. Tumble dryer now fully functional again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back