Miele Tumble Dryer T490 - No Spin No heat (fault codes?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Someone might be able to help here?

This dryer has power to the inspection light, and door lock, but this is all. No LED lights come on, and no further dryer response/activity.

I hear there are "fault codes" that can be diagnosed. Does anyone know how to access these on this miele?

My current thoughts are on the control PCB board, as this is where the LED lights are attached. Is there any way to confirm this?

Am I right in assuming that the thermostats, NTC, and other failures would not influence the control board LEDs?

Many thanks to anyone who may know some of the answers.
Alan

Sponsored Links
So no light from the side LED's (Drying, Machine Iron, Hand Iron....).

These flash to indicate the error codes.
Perhaps the transformer on the board is faulty.

Hi, thanks for this...

Apparently there are two boards, one on top of the other. The one that can be seen when the front panel is opened does have a transformer on it, and this does get warm. There is also power around here, as this is where the 240 volts for the inspection bulb comes from....

I expect it will be new control boards.... but a waste if not.... Maybe some will turn up on eBay!

Thank you
Alan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back