Beko dishwasher leaked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

my beko dishwasher leaked all over our kitchen overnight night when switched off it was still full of water in bottom when I opened door and looked like cycle hadn’t finished before it was switched off any ideas why it would still leak out water

Sponsored Links
As a guess, blocked drain so water overfilled in bottom of dishwasher overcoming the door seals

You will have to see if you can empty it , start a new cycle and watch/listen to it

Hi

my beko dishwasher leaked all over our kitchen overnight night when switched off it was still full of water in bottom when I opened door and looked like cycle hadn’t finished before it was switched off any ideas why it would still leak out water

you say it overfilled while switched off.

this is typical of a faulty electric fill valve. It should be turned on, and open, when the machine is in the "fill" part of ther cycle, and turned "off" and shut at all other times.

Since you say your machine was turned off, there should have been no power to the valve, therefore it should have been turned off, and shut.

I have known that happen after plumbing work which disturbed rust and scale in the supply pipe and clogged the valve.

Most machines (but not Bosch) have a standard electric fill valve that you can order from the Appliance Repair Parts companies.

Another possible cause is if the waste hose from the machine is incorrectly connected to the drain, so that dirty water from the sink or washing machine can run into the dishwasher.

Incidentally, if the machine had been working properly, then a blocked drain would not cause it to overfill, because the valve would be closed as soon as the water reached the normal operating level.

Hi thanks for reply I came home from work this afternoon and it had filled again when turned off it was empty after using last night but cycle didn’t finish properly again and there was little bit of water from underneath I tilted it back to reset and there was no way water inside this morning when I left for work I switched on again and water drained but making continual noise now like pump still trying to drain

Sponsored Links
I tilted it back to reset

tilting it back does not reset. It causes water in the tray under the machine to spill out on the floor. Water gets into the tray if there is a leak. An anti-flood device turns the machine off when it detects a leak.

There is some history here you did not tell us about.

So now we know the machine is leaking.

Same way you always look for leaks ,strip the covers off the machine , run it and look with a torch where the leak is coming from.

quite likely underneath, around the pump hose connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back