BEKO DPH8756W - Tumble Dryer Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
H Guys/Gals,
My son's 2yr old condenser dryer has gone peak tong :(
The dryer programmes will appear to run correctly, but stops after about 10mins with clothes still wet and the front panel suggesting programme is completed.
There are no error codes showing.

I have taken all panels off and given it a good clean.
The heating element is good as it get hot in the 'quick dry' mode.
All filters and condenser are clean.
The fan/pump works as the condensate tray does collect water.

The only thing I can think of are the 'dry clothes sensors'.
I've wiped them down with vinegar ( as stated in user manual!!)
But how can I test them? I couldn't see any available access with just panels off.

Cheers All
Doug

Sponsored Links
Is this is a condenser or heat pump, generally when this fault occurs it’s down the ntc sensor

Lickdan - Its a heat pump dryer - what is the ntc sensor?
Is it the 2 parallel metal strips just inside the drum below the filter?
I have cleaned them both :(

Sponsored Links
jj4091 - Hopefully a cheap fix - Thanks

20231027_152916.jpg

Normally 2 on them, front one below lint filter or near the fan, I changed that one once as drying cycle was ending after 5 mins then tested it and it fixed it; so I would do that one first, the other is in base and can be hard to get to.they can be metered out for resistance and measured against a chart but when we was doing 8-12 jobs a day u worked on a chance system and turned up with pre ordered parts and didn’t have time to do this.

I have replaced the door NTC and managed to get the 'Cotton Extra Dry' setting to complete a full cycle with the washing bone dry.....(y)
Tried a second wash on 'Synthetics - Cupboard Dry' cycle, but after an hour, the drum has stopped with the LED display showing 4 Mins left and 'paused' symbol. Water has collected in the collection tray. On pressing 'start' the drum will rotate half a turn and stop......then repeat. The clothes are still slightly damp. (n)

After switching the machine off/on and trying a different setting 'Mix', the drum continues to turn half rotation then stop...and repeat.
The water pump then runs up .

Any ideas guys/gals?

Cheers

Doug

Have you swapped the sensor for the correct one as there a couple of different sensors on the machine that look the same have you tried the cycle again that worked originally?

Also are you saying the fault has changed now since fitting the sensor ?

Have you swapped the sensor for the correct one as there a couple of different sensors on the machine that look the same have you tried the cycle again that worked originally?
Before I changed anything, no cycle would fully complete as the machine would stop after a short period with clothes still wet.
I have only changed the door NTC and a cottons cycle finished correctly after 2hrs so am reasonably happy the heater is working ok.
Then tried a Synthetics cycle and it stopped after an hour with clothes still damp.
Going to try different cycles to see if there is any pattern.

I thought originally the program finished but now shows pause icon ? You changed ntc below the lint filter ? Not the one in your picture

Undo the pump flap at back one screw check the float switch isn’t activating and that it is actually pumping all water to tray funny how it worked first go but not second.

I thought originally the program finished but now shows pause icon ? You changed ntc below the lint filter ? Not the one in your picture
I circled the NTC in the picture as I thought that was the only NTC. It was only when I researched online the door NTC was mentioned so I changed that first. At the moment that is the only one which has been changed.
Just put on a load under the 'mix' cycle and it stopped after a short while with clothes cold and wet!!
Now trying the cotton cycle to see if it still works as it did yesterday.
Am frustrated that there doesn't seem to be any problem pattern/trend between the different cycles.
The online manual only refers to the type of cycles, and does not go into specifics as to what each actually does.
I assume the drum rotating half a turn and stopping is the 'prevent crease cycle' whilst awaiting its unloading.
:eek::eek: is how I feel at the mo.!!

The cotton wash started showing a 2 hr cycle. It stopped with 28 mins to go and sheets were slightly damp still. Pressed 'start' to recommence the cycle and it then finished with dry sheets and LED showing end of cycle symbols. Not sure whether it stopped because of a problem or whether it is a feature off the programme to check the contents before the full time is up :(

Last edited:
I have checked the float is free to move and the pump microswitch is good. When closing the switch for a couple of seconds, the pump will run for about 30 secs then shut down. So I assume that is all working fine.

I run another synthetics load this morning and after a few minutes, it stops and the LED front panel is showing flashing SSS. The manual states this flashing icon is due to 'Loading Cover is off'. Don't understand that and am assuming it means door open...........(which it is not). .the manual is in pig English in some places!!!

To date, its only the door NTC I've changed so still stumped as to what is going on.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back