Condensing tumble dryer causing excessive moisture/steam in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a year ago I got a new beko condensing tumble dryer. My wife is convinced it dries clothes much better than the hotpoint it replaced however since day 1 it has made the whole kitchen very hot and also produces an excessive amount of steam and condensation on windows.

I didn't think much of it at the time but it can't be right that it does this, would these symptoms indicate a particular fault or is there anything else I could do to try and help this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you 100% sure it is a condensing dryer? If so, surely the condenser can't be working? Does the water tank fill with water?

Are you 100% sure it is a condensing dryer? If so, surely the condenser can't be working? Does the water tank fill with water?
Ha, yeah it is, the condenser tray fills normally .
The model is a DTBC8001W 8 kg Condenser Tumble Dryer

Well I'd get the manufacturer out - it clearly isn't doing what it's supposed to do.

Sponsored Links
Is it posssible that the hose is kinked/ split, or not secured?

I don't think condenser dryers have a hose.

Yeah certainly not an external one anyway. I've checked the door seal etc but as I mentioned it's been doing it since brand new, injust didn't realise it was an issue at 1st.

I'll phone them up bit could end up being better to just replace, I was basically hoping this was a common issue that had a known fix

The instruction book for that model says to connect the hose either to the catch tank or a drain

I think they are fitted as standard to the tank (hence it catching water) and optional to a drain.

The seals are gone.
Happens to them all eventually.

You could easily strip it down, clean it and replace anything worn. You may find the filter basket seals to be shot. The basket is easy to replace.

It's just muck and dirt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back