Hoover Condensing Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Hoover Condenser tumble dryer that is just over 2 years old. It was fine when we bought it but now it takes ages to dry the clothes. There is heat being produced but the inside of the door can be seen to be covered in condensation and it is not drying. I have washed out the condenser element, the filter inside the door, the valve where the collector tank attaches and looked for blockages in the galleries. I am officially stumped!

Sponsored Links
Remove the water container & inspect the check-valve at the rear of the water tank + the check-valve it interfaces with in the machine.
This model is gravity drains (there is no condensate pump). The valves are prone to blockages as there is no pump pressure.
If the water can't drain it has nowhere to go & all you end up with is hot/wet clothes.

Sponsored Links
The last time I had a go at it I took that valve off, pushed it onto a full catch tank and checked water was running freely - and it was. I'm convinced you are right here and I will do the same again but get some compressed air involved in case there is a blockage occurring before the water gets to that valve. Thanks again for your input and I'll post how it goes. Kind regards.

You don't need compressed air, just make sure they are clean & interfacing properly. You need to check both valves (not just the one on the condensate tank).
The valve on the machine can be awkward to get off, a long magnetic screwdriver & skinny arms are an advantage.

Eureka! It was the condenser cartridge blocked. I had been blasting it clean but I was looking through for blockages from side to side and not back to front . I pushed a wooden rule through the channels and I got enough wads of junk out to make a roll of carpet underlay. Thank you again for your advice, it gave me enough hope to stop me scrapping it. Kind regards.

Take it out once a month & give it a good flush out with the garden hose....providing you don't have a hosepipe ban ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back